FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut to Encore to Bluray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Camarda
Final Cut to Encore to Bluray
on Jan 29, 2010 at 3:17:40 pm

Okay any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

My resulting bluray it is definitley HD... picture clarity is great, def progressive, def no interlasing or stairstepping BUT the movement "stutters" as if it is moving at an incorrect framerate. I have some thoughts on what to try next but, before I go and waste my 3rd $25 bluray coaster I thought I would see if someone may have an idea

Here's what I did-
HD Feature film project -102 minutes

Shot DVCPRO 72024pn -

-Edited in Final Cut on the correct timeline (DVCPROHD HD960x720 (16:9) Editing timebase 23.98, Compressor DVCPROHD 720p60

- Exported timeline as a self contained Quicktime Movie applying current project settings. Resulting in a 36.79 GB QT 1280x720 with DVCPRO HD 720p60 codec

-Imported thta QT into ADOBE ENCORE 4.0.1 using the following Project settings:
Authoring mode: Bluray, Codec: H.264, Dimensions: 1280 by 720, Frame rate: 23.976, No fields -progressive scan
Max audio/videobitrate 15.0Mbps

The only two things I can come up are, that because the self contained QT codec is 72060, that my Encore framerate should have been 59.9? Or perhaps I should have used MPEG 2 instead of H.264 as the Bluray codec?

I originally compressed the film with the MATROX max h.264 through apple compressor but, encore would not even import that so, i just went with the self contained QT oput of final cut and let Encore do the encode. (which took about 6hours on an 8core mac as opposed to 90minutes using compressor)

Again the resulting bluray works, picture is HD but movement "stutters" from begininng to end.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Russ

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Final Cut to Encore to Bluray
on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:12:19 pm

[Russ Camarda] "Shot DVCPRO 72024pn -

-Edited in Final Cut on the correct timeline (DVCPROHD HD960x720 (16:9) Editing timebase 23.98, Compressor DVCPROHD 720p60

- Exported timeline as a self contained Quicktime Movie applying current project settings. Resulting in a 36.79 GB QT 1280x720 with DVCPRO HD 720p60 codec"

Conventional wisdom dictates that you keep your 24 fps footage at 24 fps all the way through editing, export and encoding. The change in frame rate from 24 fps to 60 fps is almost certainly causing the problem.

Is there a reason you switched to 60 fps?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]