FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle display problems in DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elena Martínez
Subtitle display problems in DVD
on Jan 28, 2010 at 1:00:09 pm

Hello. How are you?

I'm creating a DVD on Encore CS4 that’s driving me mad.
There are problems with the subtitles. The project has seven time lines, each one with eight subtitle tracks, which are organized in the following manner:

SPANISH (a video section)
ENGLISH (a video section)
FRENCH (a video section)
GERMAN (a video section)
SPANISH (the full video)
ENGLISH (the full video)
FRENCH (the full video)
GERMAN (the full video)

This timelines are also organized into chapters, linked by menu. In the menu options, I have a button to play the individual chapters and also a button to play the full video.
The problem is when I play the DVD on a DVD player. When I play an individual chapter, all the subtitles are ordered & organized without any problems. But....... when I play the full video (from the playlist) the subtitles appear like this:

FRENCH (a video section)
FRENCH (a video section)
GERMAN (a video section)
GERMAN (a video section)

We need to correct this problem because it's a template that will be used to create 36 DVDs next month and it has to work perfectly.
Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thanking you in advance,

Return to posts index

Tim Schaller
Re: Subtitle display problems in DVD
on Jan 31, 2010 at 1:29:03 am

I found the same exact problem with ONE of my timelines but not the others. When navigating to the other timelines the language would switch back to the proper one selected in the language setup menu.

I have 6 subtitle tracks in 6 different languages in my project. With one timeline, only 3 languages could appear, and not necessarily the one selected. So for that timeline if I selected subtitles off that worked. Selecting language 1 or 2 on this timeline would show language 1. Selecting language 3 or 4 would show language 2. Selecting language 5 or 6 would show language 3.

I found that I had an extra, 7th subtitle track at the bottom that was blank. I was testing something and forgot to delete it. When I deleted that and re-saved the project the subtitles tracked properly. Not sure if that's your problem but it sounds similar.

Tim

Return to posts index

Elena Martínez
Re: Subtitle display problems in DVD
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:00:21 am

Tim thanks a lot for your quickly request. We do have the same problem, but I don't have any blank subtitle track... but thanks a lot.

I forgot to say that when I tried to play the dvd on 4:3, I don´t have any problem with the subtitles. In fact, I've discovered that the problem is on the 16:9 chapter playlists.

To play all videos, I used this structure:
Timeline (with 9 chapters) --> Chapter Playlist --> Playlist.

And there is where I got the problem. Maybe someone know another structure that could work properly.

I've tried to make the same with end actions and overrides, but it's still not working.

Thanks a lot for everything,

Elena.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]