FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button Miss-alignment

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Bates
Button Miss-alignment
on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:30:05 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble with menu buttons (the highlight) miss-aligning when building menus in Encore. I have built the menu in Photoshop at HD resolution and am letting Encore down-scale. Everything lines up, even in Encore's menu window, until I view it in Preview.

Below is the way it is supposed to look. (notice that Red is being used as a highlight/activation color)

In Preview mode, this is how it looks

Notice how the Red button is offset, and I lost the underline. All the button highlights are offset, not just the first one.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could the problem be that I am using an HD resolution menu for a SD (Wide Screen) DVD? I have never had this problem before, thus the confusion for me.

I have one other issue. In Preview mode when playing back menus (and transitional movies between menus), there is a gap between menus and movies where the screen goes black. I am trying avoid black gaps. Any help?

Thanks for your help,
Phil

Phil Bates
http://www.artbeats.com

Return to posts index

Kristof Ermens
Re: Button Miss-alignment
on Aug 20, 2010 at 1:07:24 pm

Having the same problems though building the dvd folder and previewing it with a software dvd player or burning it to a disc sometimes makes it right.
The miss alignment's got something to do with pixel aspect ratio as i understand from other posts...

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
Re: Button Miss-alignment
on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:50:56 am

I have the same problem with anamorphic pal dvds. When in square pixel, all works, but as soon as I am in anamorphic, which is 99% of the dvds, the buttons no longer align, getting worse, the further I am away from the centre of the image.

Return to posts index

Christopher Lowden
Re: Button Mis-alignment
on Jan 14, 2011 at 1:44:52 pm

I have a solution that seems to work on PAL 16:9 projects:

It is essential that the photoshop menu file, particularly the home menu be correctly setup. In PAL, the photoshop psd should be 720x576 with a 1.46 pixel ratio for 16/9 projects. The Pixal Aspect Raio choice is absolutely key to getting the elements to line up.

There is also talk about changing the highlight layer be name for disappearing hilights. See the thread below

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/675348?tstart=0

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]