FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Keep trying to transcode

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike moncrief
Encore Keep trying to transcode
on Jan 21, 2010 at 6:50:20 pm

Hello,

I have been trying now for more than a week to make a Blu Ray using Encore and have failed miserably.. I took my project in premiere( it is a 3 hour long video) layed down all of my Encore markers.. I then export the video for Blu Ray using the H264 for blu ray codec.. After 19 hours i have an H264 Blu Ray file.. Which looks like it is intact and usable.. I then import that into premiere. laying it down on the track where my original footage was at so i can keep my markers intact.. I delete the original footage and any other video or audio tracks so the only thing remaining is the H264 video and audio track along with my existing markers.. At this point the timeline has a red bar above the footage.. so i render the timeline and it goes green.. I then Dynamic link the timeline into Encore.. I go into encore and build my buttons. links and end jumps and all seems to go well, I am able to simulate the DVD playing all of my buttons work and the video plays.. It appears everything is normal... But when I tell it to build the Blu Ray disc, it is doing an encode again.. What am I doing wrong ?? Encore does not recognize that the video is already encoded for Blu Ray ??? I let it encode and it went for 18 hours and then Encore quit on me unexpectedley ???

What does one have to do to make this work ?? Any ideas ??

Thanks,
Mike M.

Mike Moncrief
http://www.razorpostproduction.com

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Encore Keep trying to transcode
on Jan 23, 2010 at 5:54:20 am

You should not be using the dynamic link feature if you are encoding it first. The dynamic link feature acts like a frame server, it just provides uncompressed frames to Encore and does not provide the original h.264 file from your Premiere timeline.

If you have already transcoded it, using Adobe Media Encoder, then you can import that transcoded h264 video directly into Encore and it will not have to re-transcode.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Anthony Thomas
Re: Encore Keep trying to transcode
on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:55:57 am

So if I want to apply effects to my clips in Premiere then you're saying I should apply them first to my original clip and then use the dynamic link to export to Encore? Will this degrade the effects?

TONY T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]