FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping DVD won't loop correctly

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Dewey
Looping DVD won't loop correctly
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:11:12 pm

Hi, I'm trying to create a DVD (with old school V 1.0) with 13 videos that play in a certain sequence and loop endlessly. I go through the steps by the book, setting the end action of one video to the next, then the last video's end action back to the first. However, when I burn a DVD and test it out, they are all out of order, it plays some videos repeatedly, and won't loop back to the first one.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Looping DVD won't loop correctly
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:12:22 pm

Remove all overrides from your entire project.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Marc Dewey
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:16:52 pm

That's the weird thing, I don't have any set. I've learned not to mess with those! ;)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:28:53 pm

Your symptoms indicate that there are overrides somewhere, unless I don't fully understand the situation.

Does your finished DVD play through and loop OK if you just insert it into the DVD player and don't touch anything else?

If not, then I still suspect an override set accidentally somewhere. If so, then does the problem only appear after you've tried to skip between videos, either forward or backward?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Marc Dewey
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:35:58 pm

In the project window, when I look at all of the timelines the overrides are all "Not Set". Neither are the "Menu Remote" buttons, since I have no menu. If I just pop it in and don't touch anything it still plays everything out of order. When I try to skip to the next video with the chapter skip button, it doesn't work. I know, it doesn't seem to make any sense, I've never encountered this type of problem with Encore before.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:41:35 pm

The simplest thing at this point is probably to start a brand-new project with a different name and try again.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Marc Dewey
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:35:47 pm

Just got done recreating the project again. If it is not functioning correctly in the Preview (chapter skip doesn't work) should I just assume it's not going to work on the finished disc and not waste a DVD?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:49:30 pm

When skipping forward from timeline to timeline, you're moving from from one complete set of data to another. Conversely, when you move from chapter to chapter in a single timeline, you move to different points within the same set of data.

Hardware DVD players handle the move from set to set differently; some will let you do it and some won't. Apparently the preview in Encore 1.0 mimics a player that won't. FYI - I don't know of any players that will let you skip backwards to a previous set.

Does 1.0 have Playlists? Later versions of Encore do, and a playlist should overcome a player's refusal to jump from set to set on its own.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Marc Dewey
on Jan 14, 2010 at 11:13:32 pm

Thanks, I hadn't really thought of that. Maybe that's the problem - that Encore just isn't setup for this sort of thing. I couldn't find anything on playlists in the Encore help, so it likely doesn't have that option.

This is the first time I've tried stringing together multiple different timelines to play back-to-back. Maybe I'd be better off rendering them all together as one clip and importing it that way, then setting chapter points within that. A time-consuming pain, but at least I'm sure it would work.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:07:21 am

Marc,

Double check your end action jumps. I recall that Encore sometimes confuses the buttons in that setting window. That is it will list in the drop down something like:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

But Encore is confused (nice way of saying has a bug) and when you select Video 2, it actually sets the routing to Video 3, for instance. The only way I've found around that is to check the end jump of each timeline, and through trial-and-error if necessary, change the end jump so it goes to the right one.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Marc Dewey
on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:40:07 am

Well despite how it looked in the preview, I went ahead and burned the 2nd project I started from scratch and that one works. I still can't skip chapters, but that isn't necessary anyway. Guess that first project was just cursed! Thanks for the help guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]