FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 and Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Cole
Encore CS4 and Mac
on Jan 10, 2010 at 11:44:25 pm

My boss has given me a project that needs to go out to Blu-Ray. I have used Encore extensively on a PC but my new workplace is mostly Mac.

I have tried to do it using Encore Cs4 on a Macbookpro and a Mac pro and it continually crashes. I had to give up on the macbookpro completely as it would crash every time I added an item into a playlist. Also, when I tried to migrate the project from the macbookpro to the macpro Encore gave the the message something like "unable to open project as it was created on a windows machine" - huh? is a macbookpro a windows operating system? I know for a fact it was running snow leopard and it has no bootcamp instal of windows.

Anyhow I managed to get the basic project built using the macpro but everytime I tried to open a (second) timeline it would crash. But I worked around that and finally got a test disk done (BD-RE) after 5 hours of transcoding and 2 hours of building/burning.

So after the preview I just had a couple of small alterations to make and it should have been done. But now when I try and open my project it gets most of it loaded and then Encore just disappears off the screen.

Is there a prefs file or something that I can delete so as I can re-open my weeks work? I opened one of my bosses past projects and it is fine so its definitely something about my project that causes it not to open.
If I can't fix it this will be the shortest employment of my career.

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: Encore CS4 and Mac
on Jan 13, 2010 at 8:06:43 am

First, many things that work for DVD in Encore do not work in Blu-ray, including playlists.

Encore projects can be difficult to move to another machine unless you keep the same exact paths or relative paths. Yes, I have seen that message when I tried to run a project created by a colleague on his machine, even though both were Macs.

Once something goes wrong with a project, it is probably best to start over. Once you become familiar with the interface it doesn't take that long, and you are much less likely to "stress" the program the 2nd time around. But I was able to run my colleague's project by deleting some of the files in the encore project folder, particularly things that looked like caching going on. This was strictly by guesswork. If you want to try this keep a copy of the original folder, of course.

Keep at it, you will eventually succeed when you learn to avoid the pitfalls, and then it will run much better.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]