COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan narez
TV display settings
on Jan 8, 2010 at 8:18:55 pm

I recently burned a blu-ray disc following the steps instructed in this link
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/blu-ray_fcp_fields.html

everything burned fine and outputted correctly, or so i thought
but when i put it into my ps3 my tv reads it as 480p sd 4:3 when it was supposed to be burned out to 720pHD. is there something im missing here?

Return to posts index

ivan narez
Re: TV display settings
on Jan 9, 2010 at 5:21:11 pm

i also burned a short version using toast 10 with the generic blu-ray settings from the burner yet it still reads as 480sd on my tv? it streams at about 25mbs averagely while playing but just doesnt read it in size? what a headache

Return to posts index

ivan narez
on Jan 10, 2010 at 8:28:13 pm

another test. i used a 1080 file to burn a a quick sample movie. h264 encoding, my tv still reads 480?? what is going on.. i tested it on another television as well. same

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:47:50 am

Can you give us more information? (I don't want to study that very old article, some things have changed).

Are you on PC or Mac? Are you using CS3 or CS4? Did you make sure to select Blu-ray for both the project and for transcoding?

If you are on Mac you can build to a Blu-ray folder and use Toast or my free application "BluStreak Burner" to burn the disc. Or on PC there is also ImgBurn. You can also do very simple authoring with Toast 10.

Are you using a BD-RE, so you don't waste a BD-R each time you try something? Most of us have found Verbatim to be the most reliable manufacturer.

You can find a link to download BluStreak Burner on our web site.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Jan 13, 2010 at 8:14:02 am

Sorry, I missed the two additional posts when replying. By all means try a test with Toast 10, letting it do the encoding, to make a test project and burn it to BD-R.

Larry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]