FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore button highlight issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachael Hosein
Encore button highlight issue
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:41:22 pm

I'm having an issue with button highlights in Encore and wonder if anyone has any insight on how to fix it.

I've created several buttons highlighted with an underline about 5px in height (I copy and pasted the same highlight layer for all the buttons). When viewing the DVD on my computer, the highlights appear correctly, but when viewing the DVD on anything other than a computer, the highlights are inconsistent - some not showing at all and others showing up as a dotted line rather than a solid line.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or why it is happening?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Encore button highlight issue
on Jan 10, 2010 at 6:21:20 pm

Are you using a Mac with Snow Leopard?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Rachael Hosein
on Jan 10, 2010 at 7:44:56 pm

Yes I am on a Mac using Snow Leopard. I seem to have fixed the problem by changing the highlight layer name from (=1)highlight to (=3)highlight.

Return to posts index

Stephanie Clemons
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:09:35 am

I thought I might inquire on the same type of issue.

I created a DVD menu, with no motion, created my own buttons, burned 75 copies and the buttons looked fine in the preview and on the TV from the burned copies.

Since that first batch of DVDs, I have upgraded to Snow Leopard (from OS X 10.5), and installed 4GB of RAM on my MacBook Pro (originally 2GB of RAM).

Now I am attempting to burn 30 more copies of the DVD. Previewing the project on the computer before burning, the buttons look as they always did.
But after burning my first DVD and testing it on TV, the buttons are grainy. The red color of the buttons are speckled with white dots. It does this on every menu screen (the button is the same throughout), and even does this for the activated color (blue). It is speckled to the point that the buttons are barely visible.

It never did this on the first batch of burning. Do my upgrades have anything to do with it?

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:07:23 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. Thought I'd add that the buttons actually work correctly on both an XBox 360 and PS3, but standard dvd players are where the issue shows up. This is very frustrating.

Return to posts index

Christian Moe
on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:07:37 am

This is happening to me as well, might send a bug report to adobe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]