FORUMS: list search recent posts

Banding issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Toussant
Banding issues
on Jan 4, 2010 at 7:53:03 pm

I've been having a regular problem with banding when I burn a DVD a dvd in encore. When I play the DVD I get this strange banding. I've included an image here http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t10/reigncloud1/?action=view¤t=ban...
The point of the banding on this particular frame is on the hand where there's motion. The encore viewer does not show this problem.

I've been going through previous posts and trying out all the solutions for solving interlacing posts. But if you look at the image, the banding only occurs at certain spots, doesn't seem to be an interlacing problem - I could be wrong though.

I'm exporting a QT ref from Avid with native dimensions. Then converting to a mpg2 with sorenson 5.1 with the DVD_NTSC_16x9_Lg preset. I've made sure that it's set to Lower Field First and then set to lower in Encore. I've tried upper and progressive with no luck. The footage is DV from a sony v1u and captured at DV25411mxf. I've not had this problem with HDV or XDCAM footage. I would think that encore could handle DV footage though.

I'm not sure what else to try, any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]