FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray file size authoring issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Torrillo
Blu-ray file size authoring issue
on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:44:17 pm

I'm trying to author a Blu-ray disc in Adobe Encore CS4 and I'm running into issues with file sizes.

Specifically, I have 16GB of encoded files for the disc but Encore is showing the build to be something on the order of 28GB which is over the capacity of a single layer disc (don't want to have to go to DL as the cost is prohibitive).

The individual file sizes seem to be okay in the project menu and they're all set to "Don't transcode" but when they're added to a timeline, the timeline has an "Encoded size" of 28GB.

Where is this mystery 12GB coming from? I figured when encoding using H.264 Blu-ray which produces m4v and wav files much in the same way that MPEG-2 DVD produces m2v and wav files that the results would be the same, no transcoding, similar file sizes to the total size of the encoded files.

My workflow is as follows:
AVCHD MTS > Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 > Adobe Media Encoder CS4 > H.264 Blu-ray* > Adobe Encore CS4

Source: 1080i60 MTS

* AME Settings:
H.264 Blu-ray
1920x1080
29.97fps
Field Order: Upper
Pixel Aspect: 16:9
Profile: High
Level: 4.1
Bitrate Encoding: CBR
Bitrate: 16Mbps

(Audio)
PCM

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Rob Ellin
Re: Blu-ray file size authoring issue
on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:09:09 pm

I have a similar problem. I use the same workflow as you, but Media Encoder is putting out 49Gb file, even though I've set the bit rate to output a 20GB file, whici is way to big for my 25Gb disks. I can't figure out why this happens. I have an encode going on right now, but am using the "Blu-Ray MPG2" preset. I hope that works.

BTW, the "extra" Gb's in your build may be because of the audio file. I always use Dolby Digital, whic produces much smaller file sizes. Juat a thought

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]