FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't change the timelines to 16:9

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mortensen
I can't change the timelines to 16:9
on Jan 1, 2010 at 1:28:40 am

I've searched and tried everything, but whatever I do, doesn't change the fact that I simply can't change the timelines aspect ratio to 16:9, even though the video is 1024:576 pixel (16:9), and was even edited in Premiere and converted in Encoder, of the same Adobe package.
The timelines are locked onto the 4:3 aspect, and this aspect thing, is the only thing in the properties, which I cannet change/click on.

The Menues, however, I can change to whatever I want to (16:9 or 4:3). It makes so absolutely no sense. Please help me, someone.

Everything is in PAL format, I also chose this, when I first made the project

Return to posts index

Allen Strand
Re: I can't change the timelines to 16:9
on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:19:53 am

Michael,

Have you tried creating a new timeline? You can specify the value during creation but once you have associated a video with the timeline the 4:3/16:9 seems to get greyed out. Once the timeline is created wtih a 16:9 I would then assocated a video with the sequence and see if it magically goes back to 4:3 or gives you an error.

Does Premier tell you the video is a 16:9 video? I had to change the pixel aspect size to match the standard before I got Premier to think the video was a 16:9 video. Once I did that all worked fine in Encore until I tried to create both a 4:3 and 16:9 sequence in the same DVD.

Good luck.

Allen Strand

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:13:44 pm

I'm curious. How did you change the pixel aspect size? Did you have to convert it or was it a simple data override?

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Allen Strand
on Jan 6, 2010 at 7:21:55 am

Changing pixel aspect is done in several places. The forums have many excellent articles that explain the various pixels ratios so I won't try and duplicate that information here because I will probably get it wrong.

I am proposing the Export -> Adobe Media Encoder.
  • Select MPEG1
  • Make certain to select frame width and height in pixels.
  • Just below the frame width and height in pixels is the aspect ratio.

If your end product is a MPEG for something like pro-presenter you aren't confined to the funky DVD resolution of 720x480 pixels. As long as the MP1 encoder allows larger numbers you could set the project size to more closely match the MacBook or PC screen resolution. You will need to try several values and codecs until you get one that you like.

The other place to set aspect is in the interpret footage command.

The aspect ratio needs to be carefully set or you will have people that are too fat or too thin.

Make sense? Good luck.

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Jan 6, 2010 at 11:38:20 pm

Thanks Allen,
it makes sense, but then I have been working with it for some time. I was just curious how to convert it in the event there was an elegant solution to keep in the back of my head for future use. Your answer was perfect.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Michael Mortensen
on Jan 7, 2010 at 12:04:15 am

Hey

Thanks for the help, though I actually found out how to do it otherwise. It was only happening to my flv files, but when I used mpeg files instead, it did as it should (to keep a long story short).
But thank you for the quick reply and help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]