FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flowchart

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Helsby
Flowchart
on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:46:18 am

Jeff

I thought I had understood the flowchart and end actions from our last post.
I have sent project from Pro into encore via link. I set up timeline and create chapter list having selecting 'travel menu and sub menu' from library list.
I can, in flowchart, link movie to start and have an end action.
However I find end actions to chapters within flowchart a little confusing.
I find that return to menu is greyed out. I try using 'pick wick' to drag end of chapter back to sub menu,.still no luck.
If my sub menus are disp[layed in flowchart, how do I get each chapter to have an end action returning to sub menu to enable a further choice of chapter? Is there something I am not seeing here?
Should end actions of each chapter be linked back to main menu and selection takes place there ie. chapter back to sub menu pages where chapters are highlighted? Have I missed a step out?
Doug

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Flowchart
on Dec 6, 2009 at 1:35:36 pm

You can't set chapter end actions from the Flowchart. You have to use the End Action control in the chapter's Properties panel.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Dec 7, 2009 at 4:04:49 pm

Jeff

Thank you.
What is confusing me in the template sub menus is that I can, in flowchart, drag the 'return to menu' to the main menu and make the desired end action.But you cannot do this with chapters.
Having tried what you have said,(and it works), I had not appreciated that completing an end action for ,eg chapter 1, all chapters are summarily tagged.
I have managed to make my first dvd with encore and am quite happy with the results.However it took along time to write. The real question is; should or would 64 bits and more ram make a significant difference to the write times?
Adobe are promising 64bit cs? in the future whilst Dell in the UK are now selling all their PCs with 64 bit. Do I wait or should I jump into 64 bit?
Cheers
Doug

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 7, 2009 at 6:52:04 pm

I recommend moving to 64-bit as soon as you can afford it. Min quad-core i7 with min 8 GB RAM.

The write times are dependent more on the burner speed and speed of the blank media than anything else. However, for maximum compatibility I recommend never burning faster than 1/2 the rated speed of the burner or the media, whichever is slowest.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:55:04 am

Jeff

sorry back to end actions.

I have burnt a dvd and the menu chaters are there. However when I finish playing a chapter,instead of going to the last menu, it carries on as if I am playing the whole movie.

I do not understand this. When I check the movie in the preview window, the chapter plays the end action ,and also, when I press the execute end action button, I am returned to the menu. In the properties box when I click on the reduced image icon in the flow chart, there is reference to the end action being returned to last menu.

I use the travel template and have three sub menus created by chapter build which are automatically linked to each other . All I have to do is create the end action of each by dragging return to last menu with the pick wick.
Is there something I am missing here?
The other end actions such as return to main menu causes no problems.

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]