FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray user operations

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jochen Trauter
Blu Ray user operations
on Dec 1, 2009 at 11:29:37 am

I just built my very first blu ray in encore. It actually looks great after burning but i have 2 problems and don't know how to solve:

1. user operations i disabled in encore will work perfect in encores preview but are non-existent on the burnt version

2. remote function - back to last shown menu works perfect in preview but not on the blu ray disc itself...

is there anything i could have done wrong? any ideas?

thx

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Blu Ray user operations
on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:51:47 pm

User operations do not work with Blu-ray projects. In fact, i'm surprised you were able to build the disc at all after changing them, normally it generates an error message.

Not sure what could be causing the problem with question #2. This normally works just fine. You are setting the menu button to return to last menu correct? What does it do instead of the desired action?

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Jochen Trauter
on Dec 2, 2009 at 4:13:24 pm

why don't user operations work?! - how is one supposed to author fbi warnings and such?

as I read somewhere else on the web, Blu Ray Players do not support the remote menu function but use the title function instead - which is exactly what's happening here...press the menu button and get back to the title menu...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 2, 2009 at 10:20:19 pm

Encore isn't a professional authoring tool by any means. It has several issues and this is just one. Basically Adobe is creating back end code on top of their DVD authoring suite that was already in place. Not the right way of going about things and this is the result.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Dec 4, 2009 at 4:14:48 am

Note from page 161 in Encore manual:

Menu Remote
Lets the viewer use the Menu button on the remote control.
Note: Blu-ray Disc players (and remote controls) do not support the Menu Remote setting for a timeline.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]