FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why Can't Encore make PAL Menus???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Balshaw
Why Can't Encore make PAL Menus???
on Dec 1, 2009 at 7:20:17 am

G'day

I'm having trouble with Encore 4.0.1.048.
I'm currently trying to make a PAL DVD with a PAR of 1.46, my footage is the right aspect but for some reason, my menus are all stuck on NTSC 720x480 and I can't get them to switch to 576.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm using PSDs for backgrounds on my menus and they are 720x576 with a PAR of 1.46 and when I import them into the menu, they are a tad too big, which doesn't make sense if my project settings are made to be in PAL widescreen? When I highlight my menu in the project bin they are showing as 720x480! Why???

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Why Can't Encore make PAL Menus???
on Dec 1, 2009 at 12:40:08 pm

How did you add the menu to your project?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Colin Balshaw
on Dec 2, 2009 at 2:07:17 am

Well, I just went to new menu in Encore and switched it to 16:9, but in the information window displays as 720x480 despite this clearly being a PAL project (And I've triple checked that in project settings dialogue).

I've imported my PSD background as an asset and simply dragged and dropped it into my menu, but it is too big and I have to scale it down to size. I have checked the interpret footage option is set to PAR 1.46

And yes I have tried to right click on the PSD asset and make it a new menu, but the menu appears blank and in 4:3 NTSC!

I'm thinking I might have to reinstall Encore becuase surely this is a bug in my system and not a widespread problem.

(But I will note that I've opened up my previous projects, and this is the same problem for all of them! I never realised they have all been in NTSC!)

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 2, 2009 at 2:21:45 am

• Make sure your project is using the PAL television standard. Go to File | Project Settings and check. If it's not, then create a new project.
  • Find the Blank Menu WIDE in the Library's General Set. Right-click it and set it as the default menu. Now when you use the File | New | Menu command, you'll get that menu added to your project, and not whatever menu used to be the default. Encore CS4 ships with the Party Menu as the default.
  • To add a PSD file as the background of your menu, you have to add it to the project as a *Menu*, not an *Asset*.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]