FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird error. prob. a simple fix. please help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Hill
weird error. prob. a simple fix. please help!
on Dec 1, 2009 at 2:51:19 am

I'm new to Encore so I can transcode/author/burn BD's (normally I'm using DVDSP). I have Encore CS4 and I have mastered a few BD's but now with this project I get this error about 8 hours into the transcoding process:

"Blu-Ray Object: "KendraMikeSDE", Error: "invalid time", Code: "24", Note: "start + duration exceeds clip duration"

So I googled this error to find nothing. The clip that it's referencing in the error is about 3 minutes long. I thought maybe I should set the menu to end after about 30 seconds (it had been on "hold forever" before when I got the same error yesterday). So basically I've wasted 2 days of my time trying to get this thing to work!

I am on a Mac in case that helps!

Return to posts index

Julie Hill
Re: weird error. prob. a simple fix. please help!
on Dec 1, 2009 at 2:58:14 am

BTW... thought I should add that there are 2 clips in this project. one that is 2 minutes and one that is 2 hours (wedding film). According to Encore, still plenty of room on the BD (it's 720p footage). I looked further and it does look like each clip did successfully get transcoded so I guess this is happening when it tries to build the BD.

Return to posts index

Frank Wylie
on Dec 1, 2009 at 11:53:00 pm

I am terribly sorry for your problem, as it sounds suspiciously like mine, only with a slightly different error code.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/867066

I am sad to report, I cannot find a way around it and Encore CS3 is, essentially, a useless blob on my machine. Adobe has ignored my repeated requests for help and denies there is a problem, citing that the successful launch of a Project Preview PROVES that Encore functions properly, even though it takes me approximately 20 to 25 tries per project to get a good BR image from Encore.

Sorry Adobe, a simulated burn is NOT a valid BR image!

As I understand it, however, since you are on a Mac (I am on a PC) you DO have other software options available and I would urge you to turn your attention away from this travesty of a program to another that will function as advertised.

I know how hard that is, with the investment in money and time in Encore, but in the end, you'll wind up doing that anyway because your clients or sanity (or both) will go away due to your inability to produce a valid BR Image.

Good luck.

Frank Wylie

"The camera is a base instrument; you must do violence to it..." Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Gabriel Heredia
on Jan 19, 2010 at 2:02:53 am

Hey There... I was just trying to burn a BD that I had created in Enore ( Mac G5 8 core - CS4) and I got that same Code:24 error about timeline and duration... I realized that I had cropped about 11 sec off the intro , so I went back and undid the crop and now it works... try that out and good luck.

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]