FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loop button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Koyama
Loop button
on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:44:59 pm

Hello All! Hope someone can help me with a loop button.

I've done a simple menu with two buttons, one called play video which should play the video and go back to the menu, and another that says "Loop video" which should keep looping the video over and over.

So I set up the play video button and it plays the video just fine and at the end it goes back to the menu. Then I went ahead to set up the loop button, I linked it to the same timeline I liked the play button and ordered the timeline to to back to chapter 1, which made it play the video over and over. But when I did that the play button stopped working.

Do I have to create two timelines of the same video, and set each button to each timeline?????

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Loop button
on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:49:21 pm

No you do not.

You simply have to use the very feared and misunderstood "Override" command. Actually, there are a couple ways to do this, but I will go over the easiest.

Set the end action of the timeline to go back to chapter 1 of the same timeline (so it loops over and over).

Then, the loop button on the menu should link to the timeline normally.

The Play button will also link to the timeline, however the 'Override' of the play button should be set to return to the main menu. What this does is override the end action of the item it is linking to, which in this case is your timeline. So instead of the timeline normally looping back to the beginning, the end action will be overridden, and it will return to the main menu.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Kate Koyama
on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:25:51 pm

I used the override button.. and the loop works now... but on the project preview the video seems to pause a little before looping.

The video that I've made starts and ends the same way... I did that so when it loops the transition would be smooth. So my video ends and starts with a logo in a red background, when I preview it on Adobe encore, the video plays fine then there's a brief period where the screen goes black and then it loops... I want the video to loop very smoothly without the black screen interruption, is there anyway to fix that???

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:36:10 pm

The preview is not an accurate representation of exactly how it will play after burned. The laser will have to reposition itself back to the beginning, so you will have to expect some kind of freeze or possible black frame while it does this. It is a limitation of the dvd/bluray format.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Kate Koyama
on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:49:06 pm

hmm.. but can't I set the loop to a specific time??? Is there anyway to do this?

and would I still get the freeze by doing that??

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:52:32 pm

You can set it to go back to any chapter, and you can place a chapter at just about any time, however you still can't avoid the fact that the player has to reposition the laser. Now, if your video is short, and the laser doesn't have to move far, then the freeze will be minimal.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Kate Koyama
on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:35:10 pm

makes sense!!! Thank you so much!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]