FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motiion menu duration and loop in Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Takis Pantakis
Motiion menu duration and loop in Encore CS4
on Nov 24, 2009 at 2:08:23 am

According to Adobe Encore Help

"If the run time of the video background or audio is less than the duration, the content ends. (The background displays the last frame until the menu loops or ends.)"

This seemed to work exactly as described in CS3.

In CS4 if the duration is set longer than the run time of the menu video, what you get is a white background with any buttons and/or text or any other still elements until the duration expires and the menu loops or ends.

Is this a known bug in CS4?

Has anyone tried this?

The reason I need this feature is because the audio I want to add will never have exactly the same run time as the menu video (usually is longer). I have used this many times in CS3 and it works: the video stops at the last frame and the audio continues.

If I try to use a duration shorter than the run time of the video, then I get a black frame before looping.

So either you get white backgrounds or black frames.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

cowcow
Jon Geddes
Re: Motiion menu duration and loop in Encore CS4
on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:38:57 pm

Your background video should be the same length as the audio. Otherwise, you are having encore create a video that is the length of the audio... might as well do it yourself properly in an editing app such as Premiere or even After Effects. Your problems will disappear.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Takis Pantakis
Re: Motiion menu duration and loop in Encore CS4
on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19:05 am

It did work in CS3 the way it is described in the Adobe Help:
If the audio was longer than the video then the video stopped at the last frame and the audio continued until the specified duration was reached. Then the menu (video and audio) looped to the beginning.
I have tested it myself in CS3 and it works.
Besides this also the way it is described in Help and it makes sense too.
I suppose it is a bug in CS4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]