FORUMS: list search recent posts

stretched 4:3 playback

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Condra
stretched 4:3 playback
on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:07:05 pm

I am outputting a standard def 4:3 program with .9 pixel aspect ratio on standard DVD with Encore CS3 for playback on standard and hi def sets. I have check to make sure the picture aspects ratios within Premiere CS3 and Encore are set to 4:3 and the pixel aspect ratios are all set to DV .9. The program plays fine on standard def sets, but when I play in back on my Sony Blu-ray player on my Sony HD monitor, the 4:3 ratio image gets stretchd to the full 16:9 screen. There are a few option on the monitor that only stretch the image further making it worse. There are no image aspect ratio options on the Blu-ray player.

Is there something within Premiere or Encore that I am missing to prevent this from happening?

Thnx.

Alan Condra

Return to posts index

Matt Lee
Re: stretched 4:3 playback
on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:15:36 am

Does it play properly on a standard DVD player? My aspect ratio test is to play the DVD on a computer NOT in full screen mode. If the window is 4:3 and the program is the correct aspect ratio, then everything is set up properly on the disc. If the program plays stretched in a 16:9 window on your computer, then the aspect flag is not correct on the DVD. I don't know much about Blu-ray players, but to test to make sure everything is correct, you should also try it on a standard DVD player on a 4:3 monitor as well as a computer not in full screen mode. Seems to me some newer TVs might not have the capabilities for playing 4:3 content properly.....can't confirm this for sure, but a client of mine is convinced of this as his 4:3 content plays back stretched on 50% of the TVs he has tried.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]