FORUMS: list search recent posts

failed in open of the ves file?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tino Groteloh
failed in open of the ves file?
on Nov 19, 2009 at 12:47:13 pm

Hello,
i'm working on a blu ray disk. After a long period of work i could solve most of the errors encore was bringing up. But now the following error occurs when i want to create the iso:

failed in open of the ves file....

Is that error known? how can i solve it?

thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Macomber
Re: failed in open of the ves file?
on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:14:26 pm

Hey, guys - This is an old post but it came up for me on a google search, so I wanted to answer it.

Here's a fix, from another forum:

I have a new workaround which did get me past this particular problem so it will be interesting to know if it helps
anyone else that encounters this error.

I loaded the project as normal, tried to build it as normal and hit the same error - just checking that nothing miraculous had happened overnight.

I then went into the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder (which is inside the folder named after the project) and deleted ALL of the files contained in there. I then got Encore to build the project again ... and it worked!

It seems that deleting those files causes Encore to re-import/re-analyse all of the assets and this corrects whatever is causing the problem.

Memo to Adobe: PLEASE improve the error messages in Encore! They stink at the moment - they are almost totally useless in suggesting what the end-user can do to correct the problem.

Return to posts index

Bill Russell
Re: failed in open of the ves file?
on Feb 16, 2016 at 12:37:30 am

(Fast forwarding another six years to say... Thank you! Never encountered this before. Sigh.)

"THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA" -

And more...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]