FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video in encore cs4 project not fading all the way to black before returning to main menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben Coffman
Video in encore cs4 project not fading all the way to black before returning to main menu
on Nov 17, 2009 at 9:44:11 pm

Hey hey,

this is my first blue-ray project as well as my first Encore (cs4) project. (typically use FCP / DVD studio pro)

my current problem is that when i play my finished dvd on a dvd player (both a new blue ray and an old piece of crap) the video does not fade completely to black at the end.

i have set the end action to return to the main menu and select the next button, but it seems to be freezing when it's about 90% faded to black and then returning to the menu.

On my mac pro the video fades completely to black before preforming the end action. it is only on the DVD players that it cuts short of black.

my plan is to go back to FCP and add a few more frames of black at the end of each video (there is currently one black frame at the end of each) i am hoping that helps.

has anyone dealt with this issue before, or have any ideas on how to remedy it?

thanks!!

Ben

The Lighthouse Film Co.
http://www.lighthousefilms.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Video in encore cs4 project not fading all the way to black before returning to main menu
on Nov 17, 2009 at 10:48:04 pm

[ben Coffman] "has anyone dealt with this issue before, or have any ideas on how to remedy it?"

On regular DVD authoring I've seen this frequently. I'd be curious as to why this happens. As you suggest, adding some slug to your video solves it.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]