FORUMS: list search recent posts

button overlap trouble?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lotte de Man
button overlap trouble?
on Nov 16, 2009 at 1:59:50 pm

I've got a question which I couldn't find in the other posts.
In photoshop I created a menu.

I imported this menu in encore en created buttons which I wanted.

Now here starts the problem.
I want to make the highlight on the same place as the button but I also want some other parts in the menu light up!
When I do this with more then one button i've got a conflict the button overlaps because encore creates a big square where all the highlight fit in. but this square also includes highlights of other buttons.

So my question is; can you turn of the square, so you can only click on the button and not on the highlights?
or is there another sollution?

thanks al lot already

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: button overlap trouble?
on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:57:39 pm

This has been discussed in many other posts.

The short answer is no, you cannot turn off the square. That is now the dvd spec is designed. You can however create separate menus for each button. Then with the auto-activate feature tuned on for the buttons, when you navigate to the next button, it loads the next menu (which would be identical except for the additional stuff you wanted to highlight).

This method doesn't work well for software dvd players because the auto-activate feature doesn't work when you mouse over a button, and any audio you have for the menu will restart each time you highlight a button.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Lotte de Man
Re: button overlap trouble?
on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:27:26 pm

Thanks for your quick response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]