FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building motion menus.... Why does Adobe hate me so ?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Berthet
Building motion menus.... Why does Adobe hate me so ?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 5:56:04 am

Hey guys and girls.

SO the problem im having is ive got a blu ray project file that weighs in at 23.94Gb exactly.

The motion menu file im using is 584Mb in size, pre transcoded to MPEG2.

By my calculations the media should JUST fit onto a bluray disc.

unfortunately Encore in its great wisdom wants to render my motion menus before i build the disc.
What it does during this process i dont know, but its taking my nice light weight 584Mb file and blowing it up to nearly 2.5Gb.. obviously said project then fails to fit onto the BluRay Media.

So my question would be, where is this mythical setting which i can flick to make it render at a LOWER bitrate.. instead of the gigantic size its currently using.

Secondly, for anyone from Adobe reading these forums.

Bluray media is commonly known to not be 25Gb exactly. in fact i have about 100 verbatic discs in the office here whose maximum capacity is 23.5 gig.

you guys do automatic transcoding in encore, GREAT! it works really well on DVDs
But on blurays its bloating my project over the medias physical capcity ?
Why?
Because i can ONLY select 25 or 50Gb as a target project size
given that most bluray discs arent exactly 25 gig
WHY THE F**K cant you let us pick our own target file size for the goddamn transcode????
Ive lost about 2 weeks on this fiddly crap doing manual transcodes to fit the project onto a disc, and i dont want to sacrifice quality because your programs being a bitch.....

Someone help ? Please?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Building motion menus.... Why does Adobe hate me so ?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:11:13 pm

Go to 'File > Project Settings > Advanced' and set the Maximum Audio/Video Bitrate to 15 mbps.

It shouldn't need to render your menu again if you haven't added anything to it in Encore, such as titles, drop zones, etc. (Button Highlights are OK, don't need to be rendered into the menu)

You can select the asset in the project window and check it's Blu-ray transcode status, It should say "Don't Transcode"

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Peter Berthet
on Nov 12, 2009 at 1:34:25 am

Hey Jon,
Thanks for the quick reply :)

My bitrate was already set to 15Mb.
The thing thats weirding me out is the asset in the project window says "Untranscoded" and "transcode settings: motion menu"
despite the fact that ALL i have in there are highlights and the source file is an h264 file, which when i import it and dont link it to the menu says that it doesnt require transcoding..

Im at a bit of a loss here, and im about to rebuild the project from scratch to see if it helps at all, unfortunately i have about a billion other techie problems to fix before i get to this one!

~Peter Berthet
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Nov 12, 2009 at 3:03:00 pm

I've found that Encore does not like using h264 files as menus. Make sure your menu is MPEG2 Bluray

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]