FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help Pixel Aspect Ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Struan Robertson
Please help Pixel Aspect Ratio
on Nov 4, 2009 at 8:58:54 pm

Hi people,

Going completely up the wall here, can someone possibly give me a solution.

Basically:

1) I create an avi in After Effects CS4 with preset: PAL D1/DV Widescreen (720 x 576). Pixel Aspect Ratio (D1/DV PAL Widescreen 1.46)

2) Then I save the last frame for use as a menu in encore (composition > Save Frame As > Photshop Layers)

3) Import the Avi into Encore : Import AS > Timeline, then import the menu: Import AS > Menu.

4) When I preview the project, the avi plays fine but when it switches over to the menu, the menu seems to squeeze vertically producing slight black bands at the top and bottom of the screen giving the obvious effect that the menu is not part of the avi.

Why oh why, no matter what I do can I not get the menu to display at the same size as the avi, have even created menus in photoshop CS4 with the correct PAL and PAR settigns but still the same result.

Please see the image below: as you see when the avi jumps to the menu which is really an export of the last frame of the avi, encore seems to compress it vertically:

Return to posts index

Struan Robertson
Re: Please help Pixel Aspect Ratio
on Nov 4, 2009 at 11:23:18 pm

image not showing?

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Please help Pixel Aspect Ratio
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:32:42 pm

The pictures are not showing up.

Load both files into Encore. What does the 'info' in the project tab say about each of the files when you click on them? It should tell you the resolution, so make sure they have the same res. Next, right click on each asset and choose 'Interpret Footage...'. It will show you the PAR of the asset. Make sure they match.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]