FORUMS: list search recent posts

DDP Error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael D. Brown
DDP Error
on Nov 4, 2009 at 8:39:39 pm

Running Encore CS3... output a DVD-9 project to a standard folder.
Burning a DVD+R DL works just fine.
Next, I created DDP 2.0 layer 0 & layer 1 discs using Gear Pro.
Our replicator indicates the DDP 2.0 discs I submitted for a DVD-9 project aren't usable. Their lengthy reply follows...
"The Data Stream Length value for one of the files described by the Map Stream entry is less than the amount of data that is actually contained in the file.
A DDPMS entry described an input file containing Main Channel data. The filename is displayed in the Additional Info column of the Analysis tab. The DSL field in the DDPMS file gives the length, in sectors, of the file. If the length recorded in this field is less than the actual length of the file, this message is displayed.
The DSL value for the file is calculated by converting the file size into sectors. To calculate the number of sectors, the file size is divided by the record size, as described by the Source Storage Mode. For example, if the Source Storage Mode is 0, indicating a 2048-byte record size, then DSL = File Size / 2048."
My problem is that I have no idea what created the error so I don't know how to solve it. Heck, I don't really understand the message!!
Their solution was to submit a DVD-9, which I did. I offered DLTs, but they did not want those. I've submitted DDPs before using the same workflow with no problems, so I'm stumped, and I appreciate any advice.

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DDP Error
on Nov 4, 2009 at 9:30:53 pm

It most likely an error on the discs you wrote them on. Did you deliver on DVD-R? Best to deliver on HDD, DLT or perhaps send them 2 different data disc with your DDP images on good media.

DL should NEVER be used as a replication delivery master for various reasons - good luck with that!

Return to posts index

Michael D. Brown
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:29:19 pm

Thanks, Eric for your reply. To be clear, the dual-layer DVD was simply for client review, and not intended to be used as a master. The DDP discs, 1 each for layer 0 & layer 1, were DVD-R; Taiyo-Yuden is our standard disc brand. I'm surprised, as you are, our vendor suggested using the dual-layer disc as a master! I offered, but they did not want DLTs. Anyway, I sent them new DDP discs, and hopefully they are okay. Thanks again for your help.

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 5, 2009 at 9:23:52 pm

Sounds like you did everything correctly. Still best to send a small USB drive instead of a recordable disc. Here's a good article:

http://www.dvdverification.com/public/92.cfm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]