Encore CS3 Help Photo Gallery

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Ireland
Encore CS3 Help Photo Gallery
on Nov 4, 2009 at 11:47:43 am

Hi guys.

Looking for a bit of help.

I have already browsed the other threads on this topic but they date back years.

I'm looking to make a DVD image gallery for a client, with hundreds of images. How will Encore CS3 cope with this? I have used it to create DVD menus before for video work I have done and found it simple enough to use.

Is it the best software to use for a job like this? It has to be playable in a DVD player and a PC.

Is there anyway of animating between images from clicked links for example?

What kind of image should I import and for best quality what is the best settings?

Any advice/help most appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Encore CS3 Help Photo Gallery
on Nov 5, 2009 at 12:00:17 pm

What I'd consider, since you are only doing a slide show is using ProShow Gold instead of Encore.

You could try a free trial. They also have tutorials, and sort of "Presets" which are interesting, but I don't think there are trials of the presets or tuts.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Andy Ireland
on Nov 6, 2009 at 3:00:28 pm

Thanks for the response John.

Could I not just as easily do that in Premiere Pro?

With that I would surely have more control?

What are your experiences with this?

Thanks again,

Andy

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Nov 6, 2009 at 7:26:40 pm

Andy,

I've never used Premiere for this. When you said picture gallery, I assumed you meant a slide show type thing. Since you have hundreds of images, it just seemed a lot of work to set it up in Premiere. While you can set a single transition for each one in Premiere, in ProSho, you can set random transitions and it also has a variety of more elaberate transitions. You then generate the DVD directly in ProSho. You can set the sound track to directly reflect the length of the slideshow ie set a slide / second automatically.
(Sorry to ramble and I don't have any connection to Proshow, I just like it for slide shows).

If you wanted to use an Adobe Product, I'd consider After Effects per this tutorial http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/elegant_slideshows/
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Andy Ireland
on Nov 9, 2009 at 9:18:36 am

Thanks again for the response John.

I think for chaptering purposes, I am going to do it in Premiere - creating different timelines for each product shouldn't be too daunting I hope!!

After Effects would be a brilliant method, but a lot more time consuming I imagine.

Cheers.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]