FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking back to the previous highlighted button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Brown
Linking back to the previous highlighted button
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:50:50 pm

Hi to all

I have what I’m hoping is a fairly simple question to answer. We are creating a DVD menu structure for a new TV series we've just made and have encountered a small but irritating issue with Encore.

One of the menu screens we’ve created has 9 separate buttons to various behind-the-scenes clips. The problem I have is that when you select a highlighted button and watch that clip, the menu screen returns you to the top of the list after the clip finishes. This is okay for one or two buttons but gets annoying once you are more than halfway through the list of selections and you have to keep scrolling through them all to get to the next one you want to watch.

My question is – can you set a button so that when you return to the menu page after watching the clip the highlighted button is either the one you just clicked (for the clip that’s just been played) or the one below it/next one in the list. Can this be done or do we have to return to the top of the list every time you return to the menu page after watching a clip.

Many thanks

J

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Linking back to the previous highlighted button
on Nov 4, 2009 at 6:48:40 pm

highlight the button that you will be using to link to the video segment, look to "OVERRIDE", use the pickwhip tool in the overide function to link back to the same button or the NEXT button in sequence..., hope this helps, and there are free Encore tuts on my website.. http://www.encoretuts.ukpc.net/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]