FORUMS: list search recent posts

720 or 1080p video with menu on dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Roehl
720 or 1080p video with menu on dvd
on Oct 30, 2009 at 5:56:21 pm

I got a quandary here.

I am recording a 5-10 minute demo video for a new program the we developed at work using camtasia, We want the demo to be at least be 720p possibly 1080, and we want an interactive menu with chapters for the demo.

However we cant burn to bluray because this demo needs to be readily available to the public and needs to be played at several trade shows with which we do not have several bluray players.

So my questions are:

1. What is the best way to get a 720p demo on a dvd with an interactive menu. Is a DVD capable of this (if say the bit rate was at 4mb/s). Or is it possible to make a interactive menu for a Quicktime demo to be played on a computer?

2. If I was to record the demo in 1080p and downsize to 720p in after effects would that make the demo higher quality or even worse quality, then if I were to just record natively at 720p

3. Is camtasia a piece of poo? Any recommends for a better screen capture program?

4. Finally any flat out advice would be greatly appreciated of things that I might not have thought of that might haunt me down the road.

Thanks in Advanced!!!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
eric pautsch
Re: 720 or 1080p video with menu on dvd
on Oct 30, 2009 at 9:50:15 pm

1. You can't. DVD is 720x480 only (NTSC). Only Blu ray supports 720p or 1080p

2. Either way is fine. Down converting will gain nothing.

3. Not really. I like camtasia :)

4. If you want an interactive menu but have no BD burner, then your stuck with DVD.

Return to posts index

Ryan Roehl
on Oct 30, 2009 at 10:19:05 pm

Thanks for the response!

Follow up, can you think of any feasible way of making something along the lines of what encore can make but only for the computer. Can encore make stuff for a computer, or is it purely dvd and bluray?

Right now I am thinking just make a swf file in flash. That might do the trick. But any other ideas would be great!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 31, 2009 at 4:36:19 am

Encore is just DVD and Blu Ray. I think it may have a function to convert a DVD to flash but not sure about how good that is.

Flash may be a good option here. Why not get a BD burner and do a Blu Ray?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]