FORUMS: list search recent posts

Customizing an Encore Motion Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Sapadin
Customizing an Encore Motion Menu
on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:32:43 am

Hello all:

I use Encore 2.0 which I think is what came with Production Studio CS2. I have customized the non-motion menu templates before with no issues, even animated some of them using After Effects. This is my first stab at customizing one of the .em motion menus. First problem is I need it widescreen...which of course it isn't. So I "edited in Photoshop," created a new NTSC DV Widescreen 720 x 480 canvass, then copied everything from the menu's original PSD file into the new canvas. Then put in a nice background to fill in the sides, blended the colors nice, hardly noticeable. Saved it out. Imported it into Encore. Connected the .wmv file (which comes with all the motion menus), set it as first play, rendered it as a "motion menu," and voila....nothing but a still menu! (The one I am using btw is Television Menu.em There is supposed to be snow on the TV screen which is what the .wmv video file is).

So I haven't even gotten to the next steps of working on this in After Effects to animate the buttons in and out because I can't even get past this seemingly simple step. It must have something to do with how I made the .psd part of the menu into widescreen, but I sure can't figure out what it is. Even tried interpreting the footage of the WMV as 1.2 widescreen, and that didn't work either.

Any ideas or suggestions cheerfully accepted.

It would be nice if I could have found this menu somewhere in widesceen, but since I can't, I just figured I'd do it myself. But there is obviously something I don't understand because I can't get past the first hurdle.

Thanks,

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]