FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encode failed

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hill
Encode failed
on Oct 21, 2009 at 5:30:53 pm

So I'm trying to put together a DVD with Encore.

First time I rendered my After Effects video as a "Lossless" .AVI file, 1280 x 720, no audio. Second time I tried resizing it to NTSC DV Widescreen 720x480 and including the audio at 48 kHz, but it was still lossless .AVI

Both times, I imported the files into Encore, added them to a timeline, but when I try to encode them, it fails. It does it right near the start.

If I import an audio-only .AVI file it works fine, so I know it's just video that's giving me trouble.

I've also now started trying random videos I have lying around, and the only ones that seemed to encode are .mov files.

So I re-rendered one of my files as a .mov file with .png compression, and it at least got a majority of the way through before it failed, but it still failed.

Anything else I can try?

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
Re: Encode failed
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:09:36 pm

So I can export a short 15 second .mov file from AE and it encodes fine. If I export the full version of the same movie using all the same settings, and it fails about 2/3 of the way through. There's 800 and 700 gigs free on either drive, so it's not running out of space.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:15:41 pm

Because of another "encode failed" thread I found on here, I've confirmed that all the files are contained in a path with short folder and file names with no spaces.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:16:17 pm

Check for failed case fans/other sources of overheat. Rendering is CPU and disk intensive; hardware problems can show up during rendering that don't appear during less demanding tasks.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:50:07 pm

And yet I've re-rendered from After Effects in 5 different formats and it hasn't had any problems yet.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:52:56 am

I got it to work. Instead of trying to render the files directly from After Effects, I imported all my videos into Premiere and used Dynamic Link to send them to Encore. And that solved whatever formatting problem or something and it successfully encoded first try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]