FORUMS: list search recent posts

error setting up the transcoder... ntdll.dll ENCORE CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reynolds
error setting up the transcoder... ntdll.dll ENCORE CS3
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:14:29 pm

I started getting this error today in Adobe ENCORE CS3..error setting up the transcoder" Then I get the Windows crash screen and it tells me that this dll is the problem (ntdll.dll).

I've been doing a series of DVD's and am currently on series 7 of 14. The first 6 went fine but on the 7th one I got this error. All I do is open a previous good DVD project...change the Text in the chapters and load the new Video and re-link everything. Then I have to render the motion Menu's and that's where the problems seems to happen. I've had no problems before so something has changed on my computer. I'm running Windows XP pro SP2 with all updates.....only SP3 not installed.

I have the latest quicktime updates as I'm aware that in previous versions I've had problems rendering with bad updates...i.e security fixes missed things up. Now I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know what the problem is? This dll seems to be a windows dll. Can't find out what might be wrong and now I'm really screwed as I can't finish this project without fixing what happened. I have noticed that in the last two weeks I have been doing a lot of new Windows updates but not sure if that did anything. The last update was on Oct 14 and the previous DVD burn was on the 10th.

Any suggestions on this dll problem and not transcoding? I've tried it all...burn to folder...burn to disc...nothing works

Help

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: error setting up the transcoder... ntdll.dll ENCORE CS3
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:43:55 pm

First, try creating a new user account with Admin privileges and run Encore from the new account. Does everything work OK?

If not, then with all the Windows updates, it's possibly a driver issue. Please update all of your video and audio drivers.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:07:04 am

Thanks jeff for your reply....I'll try this...and check my drivers. I did a search on the dll in question and checked the date when that dll was modified to see if that was the case with finding other files in realtion to it. No luck that wasn't it. Funny thing is if I open the previous 6 DVD projects I can render and burn DVD from them. It's when I change the text in the menu and then it forces me to re render the motion menu...that's when I run into trouble now. Doesn't make any sense to me. I'm pulling my hair out because I can't get paid if I can't finish the job. Been having on going issues with ENCORE and Premiere Pro...just frustrates me so much that these errors occur constantly with these programs.

Thanks Jeff

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Oct 21, 2009 at 1:08:55 pm

Sorry to say those suggestions didn't work. But I did try another idea and got this strange result. I decided to remake the menu by changing the text, then NOT rendering the motion menu so it would be static. As I was building the DVD it stopped about 25% in and crashed. This is what dll it told me was the problem. "mediafountain.dll". Never heard of this dll nor could I find a google search on it.

Can someone in this forum tell me what this dll is?

mediafountain.dll

John

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:03:14 pm

1. Have you searched your system for that file? It's location might provide a clue.

2. Are you sure the file in question isn't mediafoundation.dll?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Oct 21, 2009 at 2:23:32 pm

Sorry about that...yes your right it's mediafoundation.dll. I'm still looking into this problem. Thanks for the heads up....Now I new glasses and a new PC...LOL

Thanks

John

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:31:58 pm

Thanks Jeff for responding to my post and your help. I did find out what happened to this problem. It was Adobe ENCORE that was at fault. Somehow it hiccuped on the 7th lesson DVD and I figured it out by deleting the Motion Menu video and re saving the file. Then I brought the same video back in and was able to render the Motion menu this time. WHY this happened I have no idea. Let's just say I'm NOT an Adobe Lover...this happens way too much for me. Premiere Pro also.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:44:25 pm

Glad you got it sorted. :-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:07:58 pm

I wouldn't rule out a hard drive that is going bad. Sometimes bad sectors on the drive will cause data corruption like you described. Defective ram could also cause problems. If all the problems are limited to encore, then it may just be a simple conflict with encore and some other program.

You can always run a scan of your hard drive to check for errors.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]