FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding an on/off overlay track???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deon de Jongh
adding an on/off overlay track???
on Oct 17, 2009 at 7:23:17 pm

Is it at all possible to make a separate track that displays a banner at the bottom of the video, thus overlaying the title video being played (like a subtitle track, but only without the limitations like the three colours), but this overlay track can be switched on and off via a remote control button or an option on the dvd menu?

e.g. the project I'm working on is recording of couples arriving at a dance. I want to add their names (with a nice theme-related background banner) as everyone is entering the hall, but this banner obscures some very vital footage: a small part of the clothes the couples are wearing, and it is very important to see every little detail on each couple. Thus, when one wants to know the names of a couple, they only have to turn on a option and then the banner appears/the overlay track gets activated.

I highly doubt this is possible, and most will say that I must add their names as subtitles, which is what I will do, but I'd really like to have that nice background banner on which the text appears: something not possible with subtitles which is only text.

Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: adding an on/off overlay track???
on Oct 18, 2009 at 4:07:57 am

Usually an obstacle like you are describing is tackled with creative editing, not in the authoring process. If you need to see all the detail of a dress, you could either position the title/lower third in a place that doesn't obscure, or you could do an interesting freeze frame effect (maybe even add some nice color treatment to the freeze) and then animate the titles in, animate out, then unfreeze, without actually covering up any of the video.

By the way, no, it is not possible to do what you are wanting to do with the subtitle overlay in the authoring process.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]