FORUMS: list search recent posts

chapter markers question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chandra hope
chapter markers question
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:05:33 pm

Someone in July asked my very question, so no worries I did my research and found the question and answer, but I don't understand still.

Question: "The video pauses briefly on each chapter point. How do I get past the chapter points without pause."

Answer: Remove the chapter end actions.

I am using Encore CS4 on Mac.

So I am having the problem that when I play the video it pauses at each chapter marker. (I am using this for web not DVD)
When I select the chapter marker, the end action says "not set" so I am not sure what I am supposed to remove or how. Any ideas?
Also, the only reason I am creating chapter markers is because My clients want to be able to Fast forward or rewind the video. I am using this for online to show approval links for spots I create. I can't figure out how to get the video to fast forward and rewind. it only pauses or goes back to the main menu. When I click on a button I made I have checked the Operations and they are set to "all permitted"
any ideas on what could be wrong or is it possible to do what I want?

thanks so much!

~Chandra

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: chapter markers question
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:54:48 pm

If I recall correctly, the flash export creates separate video clips for each chapter, so that you can skip to the next one easily (I guess they couldn't figure out how to do it more efficiently). This structure creates a problem when playing back, as you will notice a slight pause or jump at each chapter point as it loads the next video.

The flash export feature of Encore is still in it's infancy. It really needs a lot of work before it's ready for practical use. It could really be a great feature if they designed it better, such as seamless playback over chapter markers, ability to load the menu structure before any of the video clips, dvd controls (pause, play, stop, menu, arrow keys, chapter next, chapter previous, fast forward, rewind, etc.), full screen mode... I could go on all day.

My advice would be to place the chapter markers as places that wont be as noticeable, or leave out the chapter markers entirely, or just leave them and deal with the problem.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

chandra hope
Re: chapter markers question
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:22:23 pm

thanks for the info! I am bummed I can't do what I want with Encore, but hopefully in the next version or two they will enhance it. Its a great product. I love that i can put up a nice presentation online for a client to view very quickly. But some have complained about the fast forward and rewind feature, so looks like I will have to go back to posting individual quicktime movies for now until I can find a better way. Thanks again for the response!

~Chandra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]