FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio in motion menus on DVD when burned to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Daher
No audio in motion menus on DVD when burned to DVD
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:36:11 am

I'm working with a project that is almost entirely motion menus with transitions, and a few timelines too. The transitions are using muxed MPG files with Dolby audio, and the motion menus are using elementary MPEG2 and AC3 files.

When I preview the project in Encore, all the sounds work fine. When I output to DVD, no audio for the motion menus or transitions, not one of them. The timeline audio still works though. Thought it might be an issue with the transitions, so I unlinked all of them in the project, and all the audio works again. So then I tried putting just one transition back in to see what would happen, the audio for that transition as well as the rest of the menus worked. What am I missing here? If one transition were some reason causing this problem, would it silence every motion menu in the project?

I'm totally out of answers and am desperate here. I've posted this in the Adobe forums as well but figured I should double my chances of a solution as I'm on a work deadline. Thanks to anyone for help!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: No audio in motion menus on DVD when burned to DVD
on Oct 10, 2009 at 2:42:24 pm

I don't believe Encore just demuxes the mpg files, but rather re-encodes them completely, causing double compression.

My Suggestions:
If you have After Effects, you can combine your audio and video in a composition, then import that composition into Encore using the dynamic link feature. This can then be used as your asset for the transition.

If you do not have after effects, you can save your transition to quicktime or avi format so that the file contains both audio and video, and set that as the asset.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Nathan Daher
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:32:09 pm

Yep I tried changing the source for all my transitions to DV .avi files with the audio attached, still no sound. If that doesn't work, would trying dynamic link even be worth trying?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Oct 11, 2009 at 4:48:17 pm

It's not that difficult to setup, and won't hurt to try.

I recommend using the dynamic link method to all our customers of our Pro Motion Menu Kit products, as it avoids a bug with Encore where the menus end their transcode prematurely, resulting in a menu on the final dvd that only lasts a couple seconds that should last 50, with no indication from Encore that anything wrong happened.

I posted a list of many of the bugs we encountered with Encore and solutions on how to resolve each one:

http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2009/05/encore-tutorial/

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

Matthew Stafford
on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:21:16 pm

I seem to be getting the same problem with your motion menues. I exported video and audio from after effect to mpeg2 dvd and multiplexed the audio to 1 file. when I create the dvd there is no audio. There is audio during the preview but not in the final disk. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 15, 2013 at 2:11:05 am

Matthew,

We've updated the workflow of our products and have all new video tutorials since our last post on this thread in October of 2009. If you followed our new workflow, you should not be exporting directly to mpeg2 from After Effects, but instead to a Quicktime Animation file. If you continue to have issues with our current workflow, please let me know. Thank you.

Jon Geddes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]