FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore can't find recorder... even though it's there

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Encore can't find recorder... even though it's there
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:07:27 pm

Hey guys...

I usually haunt/host over in several of the other COW forums, but a problem forces me to visit the Encore gang here.

I just attempted to author a Blu-ray disc here in Encore on a relatively new NLE (Matrox AXIO LE running CS4). Although we have had this machine a couple of months this is the first time anyone ever used Encore on it... we've been authoring discs out of our other Matrox suites and just never had to do it on this one... until today.

All went fine until I went to burn the disc... and I noticed that Encore can't find the recorder (although the Computer itself can see and use the drive just fine). Under "Destination: Recorder" I get "None found." As I said, the Blu-ray drive in the machine definitely works, is connected, and is recognized by the computer outside of Encore.

Is there a way to force Encore to identify the recorder? Or look for it (besides hitting "Refresh," which does nothing)?

I have seen some posts where people tracked this problem to conflicts with other software (such as Quickbooks) but this is a really clean almost-new bare machine with nothing like that on it.

We have to write the project in this suite... we could move it to another, but this is an HD project and the only suite with a Blu-ray recorder.

Any help is definitely appreciated....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Encore can't find recorder... New Info
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:45:47 pm

Here's an even weirder thing we just noticed...

When, under "Build," "Format" is changed from "Blu-ray" to "DVD," then Encore does recognize the recorder and can burn a DVD. It's just that when we change it to "Blu-ray" (what we need), that "None Found" shows up under the recorder selection.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Help appreciated...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore can't find recorder... even though it's there
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:50:32 pm

Hi Todd,

Build a BD image or a BD folder in Encore and burn to disc using Toast on a Mac or ImgBurn on a PC.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:47:51 pm

Hi Jeff...

Thanks... yeah, that is what we planned to do (in fact I had already written it to a file as a backup even before I tried to write it directly to disc)...

It troubles me though that Encore can't see the recorder in Blu-ray mode (even though it can in DVD mode). I'd definitely like to have all modes able to work the "right" way when we need it to... rather than have to always yield to a work-around.

We kinda already have enough "workarounds" in our shop as it is... I'd really like this brand-new suite to work the way that it's supposed to.

Thoughts or suggestions, anyone?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:33:17 pm

The consensus seems to be that Encore is nothing but work arounds.

Return to posts index

scott cary
on Sep 25, 2009 at 4:40:10 am

Todd I'm having the same exact issue. My dvd shows up but bluray wont when it comes time to build.
I know its there also becuase if i go to make a simple data dvd in Nero
it shows up as the disk having 25gb. So tt should work i figure. I hate workarounds. let me know if you get come across any answers.

Thanks
Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]