FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore end action isn't executing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Jacobs
Encore end action isn't executing
on Sep 21, 2009 at 7:30:48 pm

Hello,
I having issues with Encore not applying the ending action to my Feature timeline when I build the dvd. I have an ending action set, every override field is set to "not set" and I don't have any errors on build.

There are several timelines in the whole movie (1 feature and several bonus features) but when I build the dvd the ending action doesn't execute.

I have been having Encore create a Video_TS folder which I open and view using VLC. I do it this way because I want to be sure everything works before I burn it to my dvds (I'm a college student, I don't have money for dozens upon dozens of DVDs).

I'm using Encore CS3, thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore end action isn't executing
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:41:06 pm

What is the end action set to do? What do you expect to happen? What actually happens?

Do you have any chapter end actions set?

You should invest in one or two RW discs. Use them over and over again for your test burns.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Tyler Jacobs
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:46:39 pm

The end action is set to go from the Feature Timeline to the Bonus Features Menu. That is exactly what I expect to happen.

Right now, when the feature's end action is complete it ends the movie completely. It is set up the same way as my bonus feature movie's end actions which all work.

There aren't any chapter actions set, I double checked this two or three times to be certain.

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:56:52 pm

OK.

2 more things: what exactly do you mean by "ends the movie completely"? What exactly do you see in VLC's screen when the Feature movie ends?

Can you post a screenshot of your flowchart that shows the relevant links?

Keep in mind that this may be a VLC problem and not a problem with the folders as built by Encore. You really do need to test an actual disc in a set-top player.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Tyler Jacobs
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:16:25 pm

I'm sorry. When the movie completes in VLC the VLC window shrinks back to the size it is when I first start it up and there is no movie picture in window anywhere. It just closes the movie completely.

On the note of this being a strict VLC problem. I did burn it off onto one of my spare discs and it did just as it is doing in VLC. When the timeline is finished it ends the movie. I can't really think of how to describe it.

Flowchat Image

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:34:20 pm

Thanks for that. The flowchart looks good. Based on what I see in the flowchart, the only thing that I can think of that would be causing the video to stop would be an override on the button in m7 that links to the feature timeline.

I know you said that the overrides were all "Not Set", but could you please double check that one button?

If it's Not Set as well, then I recommend deleting the feature timeline completely; saving, closing and re-opening your project; going to Edit>Preferences>Media and cleaning the media cache database; then re-creating the feature timeline, giving it a new name in the process. It's possible Encore has gotten confused somewhere along the way.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Tyler Jacobs
on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:18:19 pm

I tried that and well, no effect.

Should I delete the actual footage for that timeline as well and then reimport it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]