FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can video levels cause problems with DVD playback?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gale
Can video levels cause problems with DVD playback?
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:59:26 pm

I'm in the process of producing a 10 minute video for DVD (PAL 16:9). All of my material was shot on Sony EX3 cameras at 1080P and editted in Premiere Pro CS4. Some shots use magic bullet looks.

I've been using Encore to produce the (REALLY) simple DVD and have been testing it on an old but good Onkyo DVD player (STB).

During playback in about 8 of the clips (all cut-away shots in the programme), the output jumps (flicks between the image and black) and on the really bad clips, the TV (Panasonic Plasma display) shows "no input". After a second or two, the display returns.

I've tried two brands of DVD-R and have burnt at x1 speed with no noticeable improvement. I did notice that the problematic clips have pretty high video levels though.

So, before I output again (the project takes many hours to output as there are a number of AE sequences), is it possible that very high video levels could cause this problem?

The clips where the problems occur haven't been colour corrected in any way or otherwise modified apart from being scaled down to 55% to fit in the PAL 16:9 project (lower field first).

I guess I can't rule out the DVD player although it does play commercially pressed discs OK - maybe it's more a DVD-R support issue???

Any thoights and help would be appreciated :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]