FORUMS: list search recent posts

Configuration button "angle" control dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Galindo
Configuration button "angle" control dvd
on Sep 17, 2009 at 3:55:38 am

Hi,
I'm working on producing a blu-ray video of a concert of a musical group, The purpose of this project is through the tool "angles" or "angle" we find in our hometheater home controls have these changes not only video but, Audio but also simulating through audio mixing environment in which they find each member of the band that I generate at least 5 angles (osea 5 videos and 5 different audio mixes)
My question is how is this possible?? And if possible, Of q could I configure this way the button "angle" to show me the different angles have q.
I thank you in advance because it is my degree project and is critical.
Greetings!

Esteban juan galindo
Ing. Sound

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: Configuration button "angle" control dvd
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:28:30 am

Hi Juan,

I'm afraid I have bad news for you. Multi-angle video is a very difficult to do even on DVD, and the only Blu-ray commercial tool that can do it is Sonic Scenarist, which costs tens of thousands of dollars, and has a steep learning curve.

The problem is that the video parameters for each angle much match down to the GOP level where an angle change could occur, and the video and audio must be interleaved so that the play head doesn't have to skip very far over the other angles.Then you must make sure that the combined bit rate of all the angles doesn't exceed the maximum, so the encoding must be very efficient, since in your case you would be dividing it by 5. Even with the right tools, it is a professional undertaking, especially for Blu-ray.

I did the programming for "The Quick and Dirty Guide to Pilates", which had only 3 angles and was done with DVD Studio Pro on the Mac. The director had to use the BitVice MPEG-2 encoder to get the angles to match, it was not possible with Apple's Compressor.

I also have worked with MX Production Services in San Francisco, who are known for their multi-angle work in DVD and now Blu-ray, and have done many titles for well-known musicians. They use Scenarist. Believe me, it isn't easy.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]