FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Starting after loop point

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Jacoway
Menu Starting after loop point
on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:48:37 pm

Hello guys, hopefully some of you guys can help me shine light on an issue i have been trying to crack in encore.

I am creating a DVD menu in which the background is a video file, and the menu is a PSD with just the buttons. I have built the video background file to have an intro which leads in to the "menu". The intro portion of the video file lasts until 00:02;15 and the total video duration is 00:44;28.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the buttons only visible from after the loop point at 00:02:15. One requirement is that the button be a "normal sub picture" button. Essentially the client wants all of the menu buttons visible, and for a highlight to appear when a button is selected. The issue that I am running in to is that when I use a "normal sub picture" button, it is displayed over the Intro section of the video, before the loop point (pre 00:02;15).

I have successfully gotten this to function if I didn't create a "normal sub-picture" button, and just create a "selected sub-picture highlight" button. But as you know, you lose the ability to visually locate the button if on a Computer DVD player.

My specs are below

MAC PRO 2 x 3.2 Quad xeon
16gb ram
os 10.5.7
Adobe encore 4.0.0.258

Once again thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Menu Starting after loop point
on Sep 16, 2009 at 5:58:15 pm

Yep - it is behaving as I have seen it in the past. Not sure if it is a DVD or an Encore limitation, but the subpictures, while not selectable, are visible during the intro before the loop point. The typical way around this, and it does allow for prettier buttons, is to have the buttons embedded into your background video, and then use the 'selected subpicture highlight' feature to highlight the buttons in your video.

Many tutorials available on how to do this.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]