FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving menu will not work on burned disc

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Scarfe
Moving menu will not work on burned disc
on Sep 13, 2009 at 4:28:18 pm

I have a problem with Encore CS3. The project has 3 moving menu's simple ones with 7 buttons and one min of mpeg on each - no audio the end action on the first links to the second one and it the links back to the first so if no user input it will loop forever. The loop is set to none or forever and the project works perfectly if previewed in the software player in Encore, but when it is burned to disc it only loops one menu and starts the same one again. I only discovered this by accident because I was watching the burnt disc and let it run and the menus did not rotate. This used to work ok in CS2 has anybody noticed this or have I missed something fundamental or has in CS3 changed in some way?

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Moving menu will not work on burned disc
on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:37:42 am

If the loop count is set to forever, it will never execute the end action. If you set it to none, then it will execute the end action after the first time it runs through the menu.

Sometimes if you build the image/disc without setting an end action for menu, then go back into the project and try to set the end action, it will preview with the updated settings, but the new burned disc will not have the updated settings. You may have to delete the menu from your project, re-import it, link everything back up, and try again.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Robert Scarfe
Re: Moving menu will not work on burned disc reply
on Sep 14, 2009 at 9:03:50 am

Thanks for that, this is a regular job so i have done it many times mainly on Cs2 without problems mainly setting loop time to forever I did try none but got confused because it worked in preview mode. I checked some old CS2 created discs and they all work, but none off the CS3 ones will, and I only discovered this by accident! the client has not, just as well. If you or anybody has got a spare minute or so try to replicate this simple moving rotating menu structure just to confirm that encore will no longer do that - and it not me going mad
Regards Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]