FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replication and my DDP files rejected

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan garcia
Replication and my DDP files rejected
on Sep 10, 2009 at 8:34:57 pm

Hello like many of you I have finished my project DVD and it works perfectly on my office and I wanted to send it to replicate and I touhgt it was a piece of cake but they told me to send DDP files each for each layer.

Then i got the task of reading and reading and then I did this.

-I exported my project from encore to a FOLDER and i Flag BREAK LAYER MANUALLLY and i did not flag the CSS.

-Then i opened GEar Pro master Edition and fallowed the guidelines and did the layer break as the manual in their website said and then flag the CSS as they wrotte in the manual.

- then I converted the layer to ddp, I got on my hard two folders, one with the layer 0 and other with the layer1.

- Then i entered a black verbatim DVD and click on "burn files to disc" on the windows menu. Then I put all the files for layer 0 on one disc and later on i did the same for layer 1 and I sent them to the replication house but they reject them.

My dvd plays as I just imagined on my TV but the problem is on sending this to the replicaiton house, I am so estressed and I have a dead line and people have invested a lot of money on this documentary and I just cant do what I touhgt it would be the easiest par of all sending it to a replication house, any one can help me!!

Thanks
Ivan Garcia Escasan

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
Re: Replication and my DDP files rejected
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:20:16 pm

I'm also potentially screwed now because I'm doing Blu-ray authoring in Encore and having to figure out or learn that it won't be AACS compliant...Still searching for a solution besides buying DoStudio.

For my DVD's that go to replication, I use CSS and output to DLT.
That seems to be the way replication houses want things delivered.

Hopefully someone else out there has some more info for both of us.

chad

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:29:29 pm

Ivan,
read this thread:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/866122#866368

I just learned we might not be as bad off as we thought for $350.
I have a similar project as you with an upcoming deadline.

chad

Return to posts index

ivan garcia
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:12:17 pm

I read the post but it seens to be for MAC and I only have a pc, If i had mac you can actually convert the project to ddp image from dvd pro

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:40:53 am

You guys needs to be super careful in this stage! This isn't the time to be learning.

Ivan - what was the error? If you need help you can contact me offlist. poweragemedia at ,,yahoo..com

Chad - I would work directly with Larry at Rivergate Software if you plan on using Encore builds and BD After Edit.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Sep 11, 2009 at 6:33:45 pm

Yep. Either me or my client is off to Rivergate. I wish this wasn't the time to be learning, but I have no choice right now. I will probably be going away from Encore soon and moving to Sonic or DoStudio anyhow.

Thanks so much for the help from your threads Eric. Much appreciated.
chad

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Sep 12, 2009 at 4:50:50 am

Perfect!!

Please let us know how it goes by posting a new thread on your experiences (this one will surely get lost)

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]