FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 + 10.5 = Invisible Button Bug FIXED???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Inhofer
Encore CS4 + 10.5 = Invisible Button Bug FIXED???
on Sep 10, 2009 at 4:43:10 pm

So,

After pulling my hair out thinking I didn't know how to program a BD-r on Encore CS3, it's become clear searching this forum that this invisible button thing is a bug on CS3 and Leopard.

Here's the question: If I spend the $500 to upgrade to CS4, will my menus work reliably? I don't want to send good money after bad.

Thanks.

- pi

Patrick Inhofer
Finisher-in-Chief
Fini, nyc

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: Encore CS4 + 10.5 = Invisible Button Bug FIXED???
on Sep 13, 2009 at 10:21:51 pm

Hi Patrick,

Even though my livelihood depends on Encore users buying BluStreak Premaster on the Mac to replicate from Encore CS4, I cannot recommend the program. It is absolutely the buggiest application I have seen from a major vendor in the past 5 years. Apparently Adobe has no interest in releasing fixes for known bugs even when they have a solution. (For example their AC3 encoding fails the Sony Verifier for replication, though it plays in burned discs, they showed us a fix 2 months ago, but no update).

Many things that work perfectly for DVD do not work for Blu-ray. Walter Biscardi spent months trying to get even basic menu functionality to work in CS3, working directly to the Encore Project Manager, and nothing whatever was fixed until CS4, and then not enough to make it a viable authoring platform. I would not expect any fixes until CS5, if then.

Adobe has been a good company, and I even worked for them for 3 years after they bought out my previous company in 1997. But, like Apple, I believe that they have absolutely no interest in Blu-ray.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Inhofer
on Sep 14, 2009 at 3:09:13 pm

[Larry Applegate] "Even though my livelihood depends on Encore users buying BluStreak Premaster on the Mac to replicate from Encore CS4, I cannot recommend the program. It is absolutely the buggiest application I have seen from a major vendor in the past 5 years. Apparently Adobe has no interest in releasing fixes for known bugs even when they have a solution."

Larry,

Thanks for replying. I knew I was in trouble when my original postings weren't quickly responded to.

I've used Encore mainly for autostart / autoloop. I was blind sided by this bug. Now I know why they say "Come for the BluRay, stay for the Flash"! Of course, try explaining to a client why the buttons on his BluRay master don't show up... friggin' embarrassing.

From what I've read, the PC version of this app doesn't suffer from the same type of bugs. Have you found this to be true?

- patrick

Patrick Inhofer
Finisher-in-Chief
Fini, nyc

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Sep 14, 2009 at 5:29:52 pm

Patrick, the underlying code is shared between PC and Mac. The chances of getting a different result on the PC are slim to none. The BD abstraction layer is just wrong, in much of its implementation.

The good news is that I did receive an encouraging reply from my email to the Encore Project Manager. I will be following up on this, but we can't expect a speedy fix.

As for the invisible button problem, there may be something I can do about it. We have been working on a "Quickfix Encore Menus" feature for our next release of BluStreak Premaster and Burner. Please contact me off-list at email larry at my web site below. (Leave off the blustreak). I would very much like to look at a small test version of your project with my tools.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Inhofer
on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:59:00 pm

[Larry Applegate] "We have been working on a "Quickfix Encore Menus" feature for our next release of BluStreak Premaster and Burner. Please contact me off-list at email larry at my web site below. (Leave off the blustreak). I would very much like to look at a small test version of your project with my tools. "

Larry, will do. Having made the investment in the CS3 package primarily for BD-r authoring I'd prefer to be able to use it rather than bash it.

Thanks!

- pi

Patrick Inhofer
Finisher-in-Chief
Fini, nyc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]