FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error 1 appears while writing to DVD/Test before writing is greyed out.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John malloch
Error 1 appears while writing to DVD/Test before writing is greyed out.
on Sep 10, 2009 at 8:32:35 am

Hi,

I have trying to burn a wedding DVD to a Dual Layer Verbatim +R. The movie is 5.85 in size and lasts for 1 hour and 15 mins. the problem is 2 things:

1. 'Test Before Writing' in the Build tab is always grayed out ad so there is no way i can tick the box.

2. Encore ejects the disk telling me' Quicktime system error = -1'. Sometimes Encore will burn the majority of the disk and will eject with 1 minute left, then a message saying ' Quicktime system error = -1'. My DVD burner is a Samsung Writemaster as it also burns Lightscibe.

I am running on a apple imac, with 4mb memory. I have also tried the burning the dvd with the imac, but the same message appears in Encore. Please help. I am wasting a lot of dvd's!.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Error 1 appears while writing to DVD/Test before writing is greyed out.
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:12:52 am

1. Always burn a test disc on an RW disc. No wasted DVDs.

2. What bit rate is your encoded video file? The bit rate may be too high.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

John malloch
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:44:12 am

Hi,

The project was dynamic linked from premier pro CS4 (Encore CS4 as well by the way). When I originally rendered the project to Encore, I had to cut the project in half due to the single layered DVD. They both burnt without a hitch. It is only recently I have invested in Dual Layer DVD's and I want the whole wedding film on one DVD and not two. The bit rate was around 7-8 and VBR 2 Pass. I have always used a VBR 2 Pass for quality ever since I started videoing weddings. I have feeling that for some reason, Encore struggles with a 'layer break', whatever that is. Its strange how Encore ejects my DVD at exactly the same time ...time left : 1min 59sec- then it cancels and ejects.

How do i tick the Test before writing box?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:58:55 am

You should be able to easily fit an 85-minute program on a single-layer DVD. Why did you have to split the project?

You may be right about the layer break. This is just a guess, but if Encore thinks the whole thing will fit on one layer then there may be layer break issues.

Have you tried setting a manual layer break?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

John malloch
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:42:09 am

Hi,

I did a strange thing.....I completely wiped my system and re-installed Leopard and all my software. After about 5 hours later, I went into Encore and loaded up a dual layer DVD. 5 mins later, the dvd burnt with no issues and I did 10 more copies. I cannot fit the movie into single layer as the Disk Info tab in Encore completley fills up with blue.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Sep 13, 2009 at 3:52:50 am

I'm sorry, but 75 minutes will EASILY fit on a single layer at 7.9 mbps (which is more than enough for any dvd). You should be doing ac3 audio, not PCM. Maybe thats why it is filling up so much space? If I were you, I would investigate as to what is causing it to take up so much space.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]