FORUMS: list search recent posts

subtitle or too complex - a real puzzler

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chet Wesley
subtitle or too complex - a real puzzler
on Sep 7, 2009 at 8:32:50 am

I have a project that is going to be authored in both PAL and NTSC.

On the NTSC one, everything burns fine.

On the PAL one, I get an error when burning saying "subtitle or menu subpicture too complex."

We have the same subtitle scripts being used in both, and the menus are the same beside the difference in dimensions (I think there is probably some slight movement of button position). The dimensions for the subtitle cells entered in the PAL version are actually slightly smaller in height, but the same width as the NTSC.

One the progress bar, it says it was rendering subtitles in one of the sequences when the error occurs, however I don't know how trustworthy of an indicator that is.

What are some things I could look into to try to figure this out?

The fact that encore doesn't include a detailed error report drives me nuts.

Return to posts index

Jon Hocking
Re: subtitle or too complex - a real puzzler
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:15:38 am

Hi
I had this problem, I expect you have time codes with 30fps and PAL only has 25 fps.
You need to edit your sudtitles to ensure no more than 25 frames on any timecode numbers, then it will work OK

Return to posts index

Chet Wesley
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:29:40 pm

You are right that I do have them in NTSC timecode format...

However, after further testing, I found that it is only Spanish that is causing this problem. All the other languages are fine.

I will test it with the spanish in 30 frame format. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chet Wesley
on Sep 12, 2009 at 2:25:05 am

I tested this and it did not fix it.

Actually thinking about it, that makes no sense, because when you import the text script, encore re-formats the timecode to fit to PAL. From that point on, it doesn't even refer to your original script.

I imported my NTSC script, exported from encore, checked the script - no frame numbers over 25, imported, same error message.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]