FORUMS: list search recent posts

menu button highlight incomplete, cut off

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chet Wesley
menu button highlight incomplete, cut off
on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:20:30 am

Hi,
I have a menu constructed in photoshop with highlight layers.

When we preview the menu in encore, it all looks fine, but when we burn the menu to a DVD, the edges of some highlights get cut off. The highlights are just a different color of the button text.

The cut-off gets more extreme the further toward the left and right sides of the image you go, but the cut-off is on the inner side of the buttons (the edges towards the center of the image), if that makes any sense. With buttons close to the middle of the image, there is no cut-off.

You could think of it like what would happen if you stretched the whole highlight image horizontally as a unit - the inner edges of each button would get cut off, and to a greater amount the further you got towards the L&R sides of the image.

However, the cut off is in a vertical line - so not like if there was a word that was just stretched, where you would get a sort of "shadow" of that letter.

The highlights match up otherwise and don't look stretched, so it doesn't seem like any actual stretching of the image is happening, but the cut off of the highlighted area is happening in a "stretched" way... ok I hope I haven't made this too confusing.

Any idea why this might be happening?

The menu is in 16x9 by the way, and the photoshop files were designed in 1280x720. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any help.

-CW

Return to posts index

Nicholas Pollicino
Re: menu button highlight incomplete, cut off
on Feb 6, 2010 at 4:49:49 pm

I am having the same problem... Any feedback yet as to why this has happened?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]