encore overburning dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter hubbard
encore overburning dvd
on Aug 22, 2009 at 2:29:56 pm

Hi All
My first post!!
I have Encore CS3 and used it sucessfully for a while. I Import avi files from PPro, leave transcoding alone ie auto, create a image file and then burn that. I then use a duplicator tower for my copies. Up to now all worked fine for even 2 hours of footage.

But all of a sudden I did as above and when I inserted the DVD in my duplicator it refused to copy it as it was "overburnt" by 365mb. The video is 1hr 45mins long. The .iso file encore produced was actually smaller than some others I have copied fine earlier. In windows explorer the .iso file is 4530365kb in size. The burn rings do indeed go extremely close to the perimeter of the DVD which is not good practice I would imagine.

In desperation I have set a custom DVD size smaller by the overburn amount than a 4.7Gb to see if that will fool Encore into creating a smaller .iso file.

I am not keen to use manual transcode settings as they seem somewhat complicated.

Questions are:- 1) Is the size of the DVD as determined by the automatic transcode setting variable somehow - if that makes sense.

2) Should I just go ahead and use manual transcode settings which will as far as I can tell result in a predetermind size.

3) I suppose there may be a fault will my duplicator but it is virtually new and worked fine up to now that is.

Any assistance gratefully received

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]