FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Button Headache

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Carhart
Menu Button Headache
on Aug 20, 2009 at 11:15:45 pm

I'm authoring a DVD in Encore CS3 and have a question.

I created a menu in Photoshop without any buttons (that's a question for another post I suppose), and brought it into Encore. I just inserted text onto the menu, and turned the text into three separate buttons.

The buttons work fine, but when they are selected, they don't appear the way I think they should.

The three button selections are:

Play All

Select a Dance

Juggling Jim

Each button defaults as white text, and when selected, it turns yellow, and when the button is pressed, it turns red. At least that's supposed to happen...

What really happens is this: the "Play All" button never changes color at all, the "Select A Dance" button only the top half of the text changes color, and the "Juggling Jim" button works the way it's supposed to.

I tried deleting and remaking/linking the buttons, and they still behave exactly the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, and sorry for the long explanation,

Rick

Return to posts index

Rick Carhart
Re: Menu Button Headache
on Aug 25, 2009 at 6:27:24 pm

So I gave up and just inserted pre-made buttons from Encore's library, and that worked just fine. I tried deleting and re-making the button the original way, and I even copied one of the buttons that did work, and replaced the "Play All" button with that, and it would show up on the menu screen as working with all the buttons lit, but then when I previewed it, it didn't work.

Weird, anyway, it's fixed now, but I'd still like to know what I did wrong, or if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks,
Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]