FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion menu video hold at end?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt
Motion menu video hold at end?
on Aug 19, 2009 at 2:24:01 am

Hi all,

Well first off I tried to dynamically link to a CS4 after effects from Encore CS2 and looks like that wont work so I created a BG animated menu as an avi. I want this to last 10 secs then hold and have the buttons work which are actually part of the video. Anyways, the avi won't hold. It stops. I don't want it to loop just hold at the end. Any way of doing this? I don't see why it wouldn't be part of Encore.

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Motion menu video hold at end?
on Aug 20, 2009 at 6:06:11 pm

Not sure it is possible to 'freeze frame' the menu video, but there are some options...

1) make your video freeze frame. In other words, your video will have motion for the 10 seconds, and then the remaining video would be the freeze frame. Of course, you would have to decide how long you want that freeze to be (50 seconds?) before it would loop or play the default chapter.

2) A bit trickier, but just have the motion menu time out to a second menu which looks like the last frame of your video. There would be a little stutter and you would start a new audio track.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Todd Schmidt
on Aug 20, 2009 at 6:48:19 pm

Hi Pauley,

Thanks for replying. I did try the second Idea that you had and you are right...there was a stutter. What I did though is extended the motion menu to last for an hour so when it ends that menu will stay there for an hour at the end till someone clicks a play, scene selection, etc. I did however have an issue with the buttons themselves because I wanted them to fade in which Encore doesn't do...don't know why since that is a very standard DVD menu! That is now my only problem.

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:38:01 pm

Having the menu last for an hour is a huge waste of disc space and might cause problems during build since dvds can have a max of 1GB data for the menu assets.

I would recommend having the menu last for just a minute. Create your motion menu intro using AE, then have it hold the frame for the remaining duration of the menu. Export that out, and in Encore, set that as the motion background for the menu. Then set the loop point of the menu to just after the buttons fade in. Your button highlights will not appear until after the loop point, and when the menu reaches the end, it will loop back to the loop point instead of the beginning of the menu.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Todd Schmidt
on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:55:12 pm

Hey Jon,

That's great!!!! Thank you so much! One quick question. If I just add the Play, Scene Selection and Bonus Material buttons in AE on the same animated menu, when bringing that animated menu into Encore is there a way to add an "Invisible" button on top of them? I hope I'm making sense. I want them to fade up. So what I'm saying is can I put an empty text layer over a video?

Todd

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Aug 21, 2009 at 10:31:03 pm

I believe you are asking if you can create a button highlight in encore for the text that was created in AE. The answer is yes. This is exactly how our Pro Motion Menu Kit products work.

I prefer to use Photoshop to create the button highlights. If you are using text created in encore as the highlight, you will want to delete the actual text layer, leaving only the highlight.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]