FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Scene Selection to work

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve edwards
Getting Scene Selection to work
on Aug 10, 2009 at 1:48:41 am

I got the last problem fixed, thanks Jeff. Now for some reason I am having problems with the ss. Here is the scenario: Reception video on timeline.
Bridal Party entrance, Wedding Toasts, Dances. Each one has a chapter marker set for it. I want to click on bridal party in ss menu, and when it plays and ends that chapter I want it to go back to ss menu. I know the last one I am not supposed to put an end action to. That one is working the way it is supposed to, but the other ones are playing and going right throught to the next chapter without stopping, as if you were playing the whole reception video.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Getting Scene Selection to work
on Aug 10, 2009 at 1:57:00 am

Have you added any chapter end actions at all? If you have, then you probably put the end action on the wrong chapter. Remember, a chapter end action executes when the chapter ends, not when it begins.

So if you want chapter 1 to play and then go back to the menu, you have to set the end action for chapter 1, not chapter 2.

If that's not the issue, then please outline in more detail exactly what you've done to set up your navigation. No matter how you've set it up, though, make sure to delete all overrides anywhere in your project. You don't need them, and they can seriously mess up your navigation if not used exactly right.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

steve edwards
on Aug 10, 2009 at 2:19:08 am

Ok, I clicked on the chapter 2 marker,(the first chapter I want in ss menu)and set it as the end action for chapter 2, and it still keeps playing through the video. I have no overrides anywhere in the program. Also, why do I have a chapter marker (like a little house) for chapter 2, then I have a poster frame I set for chapter 2 which looks like a square box with the top half shaded, then I clicked to put another chapter marker for #3, and it looks like the poster frame box, not a chapter marker?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:03:10 am

Can you post a screenshot that contains the Flowchart panel, plus a zoomed-in view of the timeline that shows the area around the marker for chapter 3, plus the Properties panel for chapter 2?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Return to posts index

steve edwards
on Aug 10, 2009 at 3:26:08 am

Jeff,
Got it figured out. For some reason I was taking the end action pickwhip to the chapter marker instead of taking it to the project window and ss menu. I appreciate your help. I've got your book on Encore 2.0, so I was going through that too. I think you need to do one on CS3, hmmm?
Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 10, 2009 at 4:02:00 am

Glad you got it working!

And thanks for buying the book. There's not really enough difference between CS3 and 2.0 when it comes to authoring DVDs to justify a new book. The big features in CS3 are Blu-ray and Flash.

If you're interested in authoring Blu-ray discs, Jon Geddes has created an excellent tutorial to help you get around some of the "inconveniences" that Encore CS3 and CS4 present. Visit his web site at http://www.precomposed.com

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]