FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Error Loading transcode preset"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Virginia Kinney
"Error Loading transcode preset"
on Aug 9, 2009 at 6:32:22 am

I purchased Adobe creative suite cs4 master Collection a few months ago and right now am using Encore.. I make slide shows, haven't tried any video yet. I am making a several-disc large set of slideshows of a European vacation for a friend of mine. There were roughly 2000 pictures, most of which I edited in Photoshop.
I built the slideshows in Encore and burned the first three DVD's no problem. They play well on a dvd player attached to a TV. The current DVD I'm trying to burn gives me the message "Error Loading transcode preset. I have spent many hours researching this online to no avail. I went back and looked at my DVD's that burned properly and believe I made everything the same, but I still get the same message.
The first couple of tries, the burn process always stopped when loading the same song, so I removed it and put a different one in. This project has 4 slideshows in it, about 10 songs and nothing else. I used the same menu template for all the DVD’s, and it’s not a motion menu.
I have a Dell Precision T3400 which I bought to the specifications Adobe listed for this master suite. I am using XP Pro, service pack 3. It has Intel(R) Core (TM) Quad CPU, Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz with 2.39 GHz 3.00 GB RAM. I have Creative SB XFI sound and MVidia Quadro FX 1700 video. I dont know what else you need in the way of documentation.
I gave up and redid the entire project once already, but still cant burn it from the second build.
I don’t have a lot of experience yet with encore, but I purchased the video tutorial series and have gone through the entire series more than once. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you for listening. I hope you can help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: "Error Loading transcode preset"
on Aug 9, 2009 at 12:11:17 pm

Try the solution in post #4 in this Adobe Forum topic:

Error Setting Up Transcoder

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Virginia Kinney
on Aug 9, 2009 at 6:39:29 pm

Ok, I tried that. Actually I saw that on another forum 2 days ago and followed the directions then. Theproblem at that point was then when I went back into Encore, it didnt ask me to locate the missing files or to do anything else. So this time there was nothing to delete but I went for it anyway.

This may not have been a good idea, but I looked into the other folders under sources, and I noticed that there were 3 menus in the meny folder and I have only one in my project. and I have only one. So, I deleted all of them and went back to Encore. Still it asked me for nothing. I made a new menu, rehooked the links and tried a build, but I got the same error message.

Do you think I should just start this project all over again? I've done that once already, but I'm willing to do it again if that[s what it takes to get the job donl Thank you very much.

Virginia

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 9, 2009 at 10:36:36 pm

I got a lot of hits when I searched on the Adobe forum for that exact error message. You may want to search again and see if anything helps before you start over.

There will be some time involved trying to fix this, so it's a question of how you want to spend that time: searching for solutions or just starting over.

I don't like mysteries, so I would probably hunt for a solution. But if I had a deadline looming, then starting over would be the prudent choice.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Virginia Kinney
on Aug 10, 2009 at 12:01:34 am

WOW. I realized that I had gone to the wrong folder, before, to try again and delete everything in the Transcodes file folder. I went to the folder for my project, and there are 2,870 files in it and 2/3 of them have .xmpses extensions. I can't open one to see what it is, but the name of one of them is _PGC_Rogc_173.video.m2f.xmpses. There are 2 of these for every pan/zoom image in the project. Inresearching online to find out what they are, the website filetext.com says they are Premiere Elements DVD Marker Files. First of all I'm not using that program, and second, I am not using any file markers. I'm going to go ahead and delete the contents of the transcodes folder and see what happens and follow the suggestion to delete all files in this folder and then relocate my files for the project. I'll write a follow up email to let anyone interested know what happened.

Ginny

PS: I just did the delete from that tranascode file and opened my Encore Project. I was greeted by this message: "Adobe Error Debug Event" followed by "Adobe Encore has encountered an error. [....SrcClipVideoClip.cpp-275]. I clicked ok and Encore crashed.

AnotherPS:Now my project won't let me in. I keep getting that same error message followed by a crash when I click ok? Guess I'll be starting over again. I sure wish I knew what to avoid next time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]