FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Crashes From Photoshop Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Sadler
Encore Crashes From Photoshop Menus
on Aug 6, 2009 at 3:12:40 pm

I've been working on a DVD for several days now, my first one with multiple menus and transition animations. I had almost a full DVDs worth of video, menus and transitions when I got my first problem. I could play it fine through the preview but when I went to build Encore CS3 would crash. I tried a few things and it kept crashing. So I tried to simplify everything and see if I could isolate the problem. I made a new project,brought in ONLY the 3 PSD menu files I needed and played with those. The first menu calls the second menu (part 1 of the set-list from a show). The second menu calls the first 10 songs, goes home (menu 1) and goes to the second set of songs (menu 3). The problem comes when I link menu 3 BACK to menu 2. As soon as I touch the button from the 3rd menu in the flowchart Encore crashes.
I tried to go even simpler and made a photoshop single color background with 2 block buttons. I saved that file as Menu1, Menu2, and Menu3. I get the exact same results. I tried this on my office computer and one of my co-workers computer. It crashes on both Vista and XP. I have the most current updates for Encore installed. I am baffled, especially since I stripped down to the basics and Encore still crashes. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a 2-deep menu limit on encore or something that I'm not aware of? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you

Return to posts index

Jason Sadler
Re: Encore Crashes From Photoshop Menus
on Aug 6, 2009 at 6:44:46 pm

I guess the problem was in trying to connect menus to each other through the Flowchart tab visual GUI. Linking the menus through the Properties tab seemed to work. It's stable AND burning! w00t! If someone with knowledge still happens to read this, maybe you could elaborate why the Flowchart linking crashes Encore. It seems like it was designed to be able to link back and forth from there.. but alas..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]